The Order of the Sisters of St. Anne came to Denver in 1929 from Boston. They worked in St. Andrew's Parish and The Oakes Home before moving to their present location at 2701 South York Street. The original property was given to them by The Junior League of Denver in 1931. Prior to becoming a convent, the land was used as a farm. Today the administrative offices are located in the only remaining parts of the original farmhouse.
In 1931, Ascension Church gave the Sisters the camp in Indian Hills. Currently, the 17 acres in Indian Hills are used for some school community-related functions, including an outdoor education program.
Until 1950, the Sisters operated a convalescent home for children. The present school was started in 1950 with kindergarten and first grade. More grades were added until 1967 when the school became incorporated. At that time a Board of Trustees was selected to assist the Sisters in conducting school business.
By December 1969, the classroom building was completed in order to accommodate the school's growing student body. Seventh grade was added in 1975, and by 1978 the middle school program was fully established.
In 1986, the Campus Center was constructed. It contains a full-sized gymnasium and middle school classrooms.
The Sister's Building, which houses preschool and kindergarten, was built in 1988.
The Mother Irene Library was constructed in 1993. A reading room, computer lab, classrooms and Comfort Hall are located in the library. These additional facilities reflect growth not only in the school's enrollment but also in its commitment to strengthen the quality of education offered at St. Anne's.
In 1998, the lower and middle school additions opened. In 2012, the new lower school building opened. It houses grades 1 through 5, a technology lab, music rooms, resource rooms, and a world languages room. Additionally, a new plant operations facility opened in 2013. An outdoor amphitheater, a dining hall/performing arts space, and history hallway were completed in the spring of 2014.