Digital Citizenship is a major topic in the St. Anne’s Technology curriculum. The overall goal of this part of the curriculum is to educate the students about the basics of going online and to help them to become safe, responsible, and respectful digital citizens.
Common Sense Media is a nonprofit organization that provides education and advocacy to families to promote safe technology and media for children
- Pause: take a moment and remember to breathe... children make mistakes.
- Open-minded: keep a dialogue going; try to see all sides of the issue.
- Information collection: take time to collect all relevant information before reacting.
- Seek that teachable moment: use their mistake as a teachable moment.
- Empower kids through education: they can’t become responsible without having responsibility.